Friday, May 3, 2013

forever favorites [beauty edition]

i'm not a huge beauty products person. i've used the exact same drugstore makeup for years, and fancy $100-per-ounce products do nothing to excite me. i'd rather spend my money on clothes (or food)...let's be honest. i do enjoy getting my birchbox full of samples each month, but that's more for the thrill of getting it in the mail. i use up the samples or give them away, then revert back to my old ways.

that being said, i have a list of several favorites that i have used for as long as i can remember and will never stop using (unless they're discontinued, which might send me into a tailspin).

aussie 3 minute miracle: this deep conditioner is amazing. i've used a million different deep conditioners and this one is still my favorite. part of the reason may be because of the awesome bottle that stands up on its dispensing end and doesn't have a lid...it just squeezes. it's the little things.


bath & body works liplicious lip gloss in whipped vanilla: buying lip gloss is awful. every other kind of lip gloss i buy is either too shiny, too sticky, or has huge chunks of weird glitter in it. this is my go-to favorite and i feel unprepared for life if i don't have it with me. even if i don't have chapstick, it's moisturizing enough to wear all day by itself and it's such a pretty color once it's on. (not to mention it tastes like pancakes)

olay complete all day moisturizer w/sunscreen: moisturizing my face is a fairly recent habit for me. i started using a moisturizer on my face as part of my daily routine in college, and now i wouldn't go a day without it. this moisturizer is really light and makes my face feel really smooth and even. it also contains spf 15 sunscreen, which took me awhile to get used to since i love a good tan, but i'm finally to the point where worry about wrinkles/skin cancer is clearly more important. it only took me 26 years.

ralph lauren romance: i'm a victim of buying perfume for pretty bottles only. i figure, all perfume smells good to somebody, so why does it really matter? plus, smelling perfume in a department store is such a nightmare that i just flock to the prettiest package and high tail it out of there. i've finally learned that's a bad plan, and i've reverted back to an old favorite.

bath & body works vanilla bean noel lotion: no one knows that this is my favorite more than my family. i ask for multiples every year at Christmas and i always make it last until at least october. it's my favorite smell ever! the other vanillas just aren't the same.

rubbing alcohol: yep, you read it right. i use regular old, $1 per bottle first aid rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball to clean my face twice a day. this is something my mom taught me to do and even though a ton of people have told me not to, it's the best thing for keeping my face clean. i've never had an issue with breakouts because of it, and it's not harsh enough (if you get the right dilution) to do any harm to your face or its natural oils. it is pretty drying, especially when you first start using it, but if you use the correct moisturizer afterward it's really no problem. it's the cheapest facewash around! (not to mention it's the #1 ingredient in toners anyway)

are you a beauty product hoarder or simplistic like me?

No comments:

Post a Comment