Thursday, May 9, 2013

forever favorites [fashion edition]

look at me doing these series posts like a real blogger!

i love clothes. i really really do. if i could do only one thing forever, #1 would be cuddle my husband, #2 would be eat, and #3 would be shop. there are really only fractions of a point separating 2 and 3.

i'm a big fan of cheap clothes, which is why a majority of my wardrobe comes from forever 21. as a general rule, i tend to buy clothes that i keep for 1-2 years. this is for a variety of reasons, but mostly because 1-they're trendy only for a short period of time and 2-i get tired of them. i'm sure goodwill has seen an upward trend in forever 21 clothes in my lifetime thanks to my closet rotation. my rule for myself is when i buy one new thing, one old thing goes to goodwill. it keeps me (and my closet) a little more organized.

because i like to buy new clothes so often, it's really only practical for me to spend most of my shopping time in good ol f21...with an occasional trip to target, kohl's or marshall's sprinkled in for good measure. the day i outgrow forever 21 will be a sad one...(if you think that day has already come and gone, please keep it to yourself).

anywho, here are a few of my favorites that i will keep and wear and love year in and year out.

jack rogers navajo sandals in platinum: i can thank my brother for this obsession. for my college graduation he bought me a nordstrom gift card, part of which i used on my first pair of navajos. i've been through a few pairs since, and i wear every pair out until you can't even tell what color they're supposed to be. they go with literally everything, so they're my constant go-to during spring and summer.


forever 21 skinny jeans: forever 21 sells jeans for like $10. no, they're not the best quality in the world, but each pair lasts me at least 2 years and they're insanely comfortable. i used to buy only american eagle, gap, or express jeans and it is not worth it! they last longer but usually i get tired of the same pair of pants after a few years anyway, and it's much easier to give away a $12 pair of jeans than an $80 pair. i'm a huge fan.

old navy coats: old navy has some of the best outerwear! i have this peacoat in a slightly darker camel color and i wear it alllll the time in the winter. it goes with any color outfit and looks equally cute with jeans as it does dresses. it probably cost around $75 when i bought it, and i wouldve been willing to pay way more than that for it if i knew how much i would wear it.

target boyfriend v-neck tees: target's mossimo brand v-neck boyfriend tees are perfection. they're so soft and have the perfect neckline for layering or wearing on their own with a statement necklace. they come in all different colors and are also super cheap.

what are your wardrobe staples?

No comments:

Post a Comment