Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

It's almost here! I love Thanksgiving, and I love having it at my house. We're hosting for the 2nd year in a row and we get to have both of our families here.

The kitchen was busy this afternoon with baking a carrot cake, making deviled eggs, and prepping the turkey. My dad is deep frying it (the only way to go, people) so all I have to do is thaw and season it. Michael took care of the thawing, and the first coat of seasoning went on this afternoon!

If you're in the market for a good fries turkey seasoning blend, here's what we use (straight from the Babson kitchen):

1/2 box of salt
1 oz crushed red pepper
1 oz garlic powder
1 oz chili powder
1 oz black pepper
1/2 oz onion powder
1/8 cup sugar

Make sure the turkey is fully thawed, washed and dried before you put the mix on. It should sit with the seasoning for at least 24 hours if possible before cooking. It's always a good idea to save a little to put on right before you cook the turkey in case you find spots you missed or any fell off.

As my only proof of my hard work in the kitchen today, here's my carrot cake!


It's Paula Deen's recipe. She may not be politically correct, but she makes a heck of a carrot cake.

With Thanksgiving tomorrow and a business trip to Milan next week, there may be a bit of radio silence on my end, but I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!! Let's eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment