Monday, April 21, 2014

april birchbox

i've been slacking on my birchbox posts for the past few months, so here's a new one!

this is my april birchbox, the theme of which was april showers. [side note: i don't ever think the themes of these boxes actually correlate to the contents. the little theme sheet they include is always fun to read, but it doesn't really have anything to do with what you get.]



  • beekind body lotion: has everyone read about how bees are dying off at crazy rates these days? if not, time magazine has a lot of good articles about it. anyway, beekind is a gilchrist & soames brand that donates part of its proceeds to honeybee and sustainable pollination research. very cool! anyway, i like this lotion a lot. it's light but moisturizing, and has a really nice lemony scent.

  • harvey prince yogini fragrance: i'm not much of a perfume snob; i'll pretty much use anything that doesn't smell like an old lady. this perfume kinda fits into the "whatever" category...i probably wouldn't choose it myself, but i don't hate it, so whatever! i'm sure i'll use it til it's gone. :)

  • kind healthy grains bar (maple and pumpkin seeds): i'm not the biggest fan of getting food or tea in my birchbox. don't get me wrong, i love eating, but that's not really why i subscribe to birchbox. i wasn't too thrilled to find this bar in my box, but it went in my snack drawer at work, and i'm sure i'll be glad i have it some day soon!

  • davines all in one hair milk: i don't know about you, but any product called "hair milk" just grosses me out from the get-go. i had to get over the product name, but once i did, this stuff is pretty nice! i sprayed it on my hair after showering/combing and before blow drying. i can't really tell if it helped to detangle my hair like it claims to since my hair is pretty short right now, but it definitely didn't make it any worse. maybe i'll save this one for when my hair grows out a little more.

  • the balm: how 'bout them apples? lip & cheek stain: my bff just started getting birchboxes, and she got this product in her first box last month. check out her review here! i actually got the same color that she did (pie), and i agree that i love it as a cheek stain/blush! i use the same lip balms/glosses pretty much every day, and i like something with a little more moisture in it for my lips, so i decided to only use this on my cheeks. the color is great, and i felt like it really brightened up my face. this is one product i might actually consider buying to add to my makeup routine in the future.

any other birchbox fans out there? it's a good gift for mother's day if anyone is searching for ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment