Wednesday, July 3, 2013

happy 4th!

i hope everyone has a fun and relaxing 4th of july tomorrow!

the 4th is my 2nd favorite holiday (only after Christmas of course). even if i don't have any set plans it's nice to have a day (or 2!) off of work to just be lazy in the heat and work on a tan. there's also always a ton of good rednecks around being loud and wearing cut-offs and tank tops.

i'm hoping for some lake time tomorrow assuming this constant rain slacks off by then!

and as corny as it may sound, i consider myself blessed to have been born and raised in this country (especially in the south, clearly). we take so much for granted! the 4th reminds me to be grateful for everything that being an american allows me to do and be in life.

sending you off into the long weekend with a picture from southern living of a 4th of july table setting at my dream lake house. anyone want to come over for lunch in, say, 20 years? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment