Tuesday, February 5, 2013

home front updates

happy tuesday!

today's post is all about the segura casa. we bought our first house back in august of last year and have loved working on it and in it ever since!

we've made a few updates lately which i love so much i want to share them with the world. (and my friends who have never seen the house...shout out to you morgan! i still owe you a skype tour!)

first and most impressively, my handsome husband got a ton of tools for Christmas from the babson family and built these 2 monstrous garage shelves which i am in love with. seriously, i look at them and all of the still-empty space all. the. time.


my dada (grandpa) recently sold his house and had a lot of cool old stuff of his and my mamoo's to get rid of, so we picked up a few things before he moved, like this awesome gold mirror...our black accent wall in the living room finally has something on it! (that trunk below the mirror also came from my dada...it was a wedding present and it's full of our wedding momentos. love it!)


we also snagged these cool baskets that are sitting on the hearth for now.


i made a trip to one of my favorite thrift stores last week and found this really old, really small Bible! i've been looking for old books to stack around the house lately, and this one is perfect on one of our side tables in the living room. it's sitting between a picture of us on the brooklyn bridge from our trip to nyc in december and a cute little wooden box my parents gave me. it was only $4 and i knew i had to have it when the sales tag described it as "small, sweet Bible". so perfect!


when we bought our dining room set soon after we bought the house, we decided to get a china cabinet to match the table. little did i know how crazy that china cabinet would make me trying to decorate it and fill it with the right amount of pretty things! i'm finally satisfied with how it looks; here are a few of my recent additions:



we used to have a white ikea ladder shelf in the hallway at the top of our stairs. we recently refinished a dresser to go in one of our guest bedrooms, which left us with an antique sewing machine that my granddaddy gave me with nowhere to sit. our solution was to move the ladder shelf into the other guest bedroom and put the sewing machine at the top of the stairs. it's very special to me and i love seeing it more often!


this isn't a recent update, but one of my favorite things about our bedroom is the desk. my friend kat helped me rearrange my boring flat piles of books one day soon after we moved in and i've been gradually styling it ever since. thanks frand!!


thankfully for michael, all of our major updates are done. the shelves in the garage were the last thing on the to-do list that i started in august. the only thing left to do now is prepare our currently empty front porch for spring weather! the rocking chair/swing search is on...

No comments:

Post a Comment